Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wailea

[1]Flickr Link: Wailea Oceanfront

[2]Flickr Link: Wailea Oceanfront

Taken just before sunrise in Wailea, Maui.

Our room was near the oceanfront so I decided to wake up really early on our first day and take some photos.

These photos were taken with shutter speeds more than 20 seconds. The light coming from the right side is from a spotlight installed near the oceanfront.

If you liked this post, maybe your friends will like it too! Share this with them!
Ji Lucas  – (February 3, 2010 at 11:43 AM)

I really love these shots. shadows and expresssion are great

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2010 at 2:39 PM)

These are both beautiful pictures. I like the deep blue colors and the steam-effect caused by the long shutter speed. I also like the composition. The tree gives a nice reference point. I like the second picture better due to the better perspective.

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM)

hmmmm... nice.... long exposures techniques...

... skylab...

Anonymous –   – (February 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM)

these are really great shots... the colors are alive... you've captured the movement of the waves... nice...

Noel

Anonymous –   – (February 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM)

Hi Gracey, its Dennis here. About your picture #1, The shot is good and interesting already exposure, composition and concept however, I think you should put more foreground space below the tree, show mmore of the rocks, logs if there are any and if possible more mist, smoke, fog whatever it is. As for the top ot the tree show a little more of the tree. In a situation like this you can probably change your lens or adjust to a wider focal length and take the shot with a wider perspective, you can also use the same lens and if space will permit you can move back and take another picture to show more of the foreground and of the tree.

Anonymous –   – (February 4, 2010 at 3:53 AM)

Dennis again, sana you didnt lose the mountain

Phoenix Ryzing  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:31 PM)

Gracey both of these photographs are worthy of framing. They're both beautiful and I can't wait to see the rest in this series of photographs from your vacation.

gracey  – (February 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Dennis, I appreciate the feedback on how I can improve the photo. I see what you mean ;)

PhoenixRyzing, I have never even thought of printing these photos. Thanks for the idea :) and the very nice compliment!

I would love to hear more! Keep the suggestions and comments coming. :)

Enter your email address: